- Ron Paul leads the polls in Iowa.
- Newt Gingrich goes from 27 percent, to 22 percent, to 14 percent in Iowa.
- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush pens op-ed in Wall Street Journal, GOP fantasizes that he'll run.
- Four Congress critters got special loans from Countrywide Financial Corp., say investigators.
- Czechs bid adieu to Vaclav Havel.
- Egypt: still a police state.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.
New at Reason.tv: "Radley Balko Talks HuffPo, Nashville, OWS, & Cory Maye"