- World population expected to hit 7 billion next year.
- China overtakes Japan, now world's second-largest economy.
- Leading candidate to replace Warren Buffet at Berkshire is former Tiananmen Square protest leader.
- July deadliest month in nine-year war in Afghanistan.
- Police seize $1.7 billion in pot found in California mountains.
- U.S.-Mexican border still among safest places in the country.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Peter Suderman: Obamacare's 12 false premises and broken promises. Plus: The long, tortured quest for a conservative health policy.
- Consumers should drive medicine
- Jacob Sullum: Prosecutors disarm defendants by freezing their assets
- Ronald Bailey: The Aloha State’s dishonest anti-biotech campaign