The Democratic Party Is the President
Plus, what's going on in Virginia.
Discussed in the show:
1:32: Reflections on President Joe Biden's Atlanta speech and his presidency so far.
31:26: Weekly listener question: My fellow social studies teachers and I have created a media literacy unit for our seventh-graders, but we're struggling to winnow down the endless topics and skills that fit in this category. We can also tell some stuff is too complex for that age group. So I'm curious what y'all think would be the most important topics or skills to cover in a unit like that?
43:38: Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin and mask mandates.
50:18: Media recommendations for the week. (And click here for all of the Roundtable's media recommendations, ever.)
This week's links:
- "Remarks by President Biden on Protecting the Right to Vote" (transcript)
- "Citing Debunked CDC Research, Virginia School Districts Vow To Defy Youngkin on Mask Mandates," by Robby Soave
- "Poll: Democrats Drop and Republicans Rise, but the Real Juice Is With the Independents," by Elizabeth Nolan Brown
- "'Don't Declare a Mandate. Because You Don't Have One.'," by Nick Gillespie
- "Joe Biden's $11 Trillion Plan To Bankrupt America" (video)
Send your questions to email@example.com. Be sure to include your social media handle and the correct pronunciation of your name.
- We all want to make sure our family is protected in a medical emergency. What many of us don't realize is that health insurance won't always cover the full amount of an emergency medical flight. Even with comprehensive coverage, you could get hit with high deductibles and co-pays. That's why an AirMedCare Network membership is so important. As a member, if an emergency arises, you won't see a bill for air medical transport when flown by an AMCN provider. Best of all, a membership covers your entire household for as little as $85 a year. Now, as a listener of our show, you'll get up to a $50 Visa or Amazon gift card with a new membership. Simply visit AirMedCareNetwork.com/reason and use offer code REASON.
- This episode is supported by The Long Time Academy, a new podcast about how to be a good ancestor. It's a show about time, and how we think about time. The Long Time Academy is an audio documentary, but it also includes with practical exercises designed to expand your sense of time and help you be a good ancestor. Search for The Long Time Academy anywhere you listen to podcasts. Life is short. Time is long. The Long Time Academy.
Audio production by Ian Keyser
Assistant production by Regan Taylor
Music: "Angeline," by The Brothers Steve