- sentenced to 10 years in prison for 20 counts of bribery and corruption for gifts and kickbacks related to city contracts he received both before and after Hurricane Katrina. Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has been
- The Senate has confirmed San Antonio Mayor Julián Castro as the new secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Senate Democrats have introduced legislation to reverse last week’s Hobby Lobby decision, barring for-profit corporations from seeking exemptions from covering contraception costs.
- Justin Bieber will face misdemeanor charges for allegedly egging a neighbor’s house.
- Edward Snowden’s lawyer is seeking an extension for Snowden to remain in Russia for another year.
- Wiping all the data on an Android phone via the factory reset option does not actually wipe all the data. A security company purchased used phones from eBay and was able to recover deleted personal data.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Video Game Nation: How gaming is making America freer – and more fun.
- Matt Welch: How the left turned against free speech.
- Nothing Left to Cut? Congress can’t live within their means.
- And much more.