- was leaked. If you care about your online privacy and use things like the Tor network, the NSA classifies you as an "extremist." The NSA's XKeyscore surveillance system's source code
- Bureau of Labor Statistics data indicates that employers added 288,000 jobs to the economy in June. Sounds great, except, at the same time a record high 92,120,000 Americans 16 and older didn't participate in the labor force.
- "We don't discuss veterans. We do not work for veterans. … Our customer is the VA central office, the White House and the Congress," a whistleblower says. "We actually put incoming applications aside so we could focus on the [Obamacare] related applications that came in over last summer."
- After facing a potential $54,000 deficit due to federal lunch guidelines, one school board president in Milwaukee says he's ditching the program "pushed by and large by Michelle Obama, who last I checked has been elected by no one." Burn!
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford announced that he's tried "every drug you can probably think of." Either this is a bold reelection strategy, or he was on drugs when he said it.
- Saudi Arabia deployed 30,000 troops to the Iraqi border.
- Thousands are fleeing the North Carolina coastline as Hurricane Arthur is expected to hit it tomorrow.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Video Game Nation: How gaming is making America freer – and more fun.
- Matt Welch: How the left turned against free speech.
- Nothing Left to Cut? Congress can’t live within their means.
- And much more.