- Writing for The Guardian website’s “Comment is Free” page Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said, “It's time to trash the NSA's mass surveillance of Americans, for good.”
- At least 17 protesters have been killed in Kiev after a truce between the Ukrainian president and the opposition broke down.
- NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden said he is “humbled” after being elected rector of Glasgow University.
- Speaking about health insurance sign up targets, Vice President Joe Biden said, "We may not get to seven million, we may get to five or six, but that's a hell of a start.”
- The first reunions between North and South Koreans since 2010 are taking place.
- A family lawyer claims that a cop shot a teen in Georgia after he answered his front door while holding a Wii remote.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.