- predicted the Republican party might never win another presidential election in his lifetime if it doesn’t become a “new” party, following up on a warning that the GOP could lose its electoral advantage in Texas. Rand Paul
- President Obama will announce new federal requirements for fuel efficiency in trucks.
- The Venezuelan government expelled three US consular officials over the weekend, accusing them of meeting with student protesters. It also pulled a news channel based in Colombia off the air over its coverage of anti-government protests.
- John Kerry announced the State Department would create the position of envoy to the Arctic.
- Two former members of Pussy Riot who were released from jail in Russia ahead of the Olympics were reportedly detained in Sochi and accused of committing a crime.
- Jimmy Fallon debuted on the Tonight Show last night.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Progressive Puritans: From e-cigs to sex classifieds, the once transgressive left wants to criminalize fun.
- Port Authoritarians: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate scandal
- The Menace of Secret Government: Obama’s proposed intelligence reforms don’t safeguard civil liberties