- passed a bill that suspends the debt ceiling until March 2015. Twenty-eight Republicans and all but two voting Democrats supported the measure. The House
- Rand Paul is joining a lawsuit by FreedomWorks, for which Ken Cuccinelli is serving as lead counsel, against the Obama administration over the NSA’s domestic surveillance programs.
- A House Armed Services Committee report blames the White House for not providing sufficient security for the U.S. compound in Benghazi, while debunking the claim that a rapid response team was ordered to stand down and pointing out that such a force would not have been able to arrive in Benghazi in time.
- A new study finds death row inmates who maintain their innocence are nearly 3 times more likely to reject a last meal.
- The Raelian UFO cult will open the first clitoral restoration hospital in Africa in Burkina Faso next month.
- An entertainment reporter for KTLA in Los Angeles mistook Samuel Jackson for Laurence Fishburne in a live interview. Jackson told the reporter he was “as crazy as the people on Twitter.”
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Peter Suderman: Obamacare's 12 false premises and broken promises. Plus: The long, tortured quest for a conservative health policy.
- Consumers should drive medicine
- Jacob Sullum: Prosecutors disarm defendants by freezing their assets
- Ronald Bailey: The Aloha State’s dishonest anti-biotech campaign