- officially open, and an attempted airplane hijacking targeting the city has been prevented. Rejoice, comrades! The 2014 Sochi Winter Olymics are
- Republican House lawmakers are pushing legislation that would prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency from proposing new regulations based on science that is not transparent or not reproducible.
- Research shows that, except under unrealistic controlled circumstances, voice votes are useless.
- The U.S. Postal Service saw its losses shrink significantly in the last quarter of 2013 to a measly $354 million compared $1 billion during the same span the previous year.
- Montana Lt. Gov. John Walsh (D) will fill the seat of U.S. Sen. Max Baucus (D), who is resigning to become the next ambassador to China.
- Georgia lawmakers introduced a measure that could effectively shutdown rideshares like Uber and Lyft, insulating the taxicab and limousine industries from competition.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Peter Suderman: Obamacare's 12 false premises and broken promises. Plus: The long, tortured quest for a conservative health policy.
- Consumers should drive medicine
- Jacob Sullum: Prosecutors disarm defendants by freezing their assets
- Ronald Bailey: The Aloha State’s dishonest anti-biotech campaign