- agreement on how the latter may disclose demands for user information by US security services. The Justice Department and several Internet companies, including Google, Facebook, and Microsoft, have reached an
- President Obama is expected to propose a minimum wage of $10.10 for federal contractors in his State of the Union address tonight.
- Chuck Schumer is using the death of an autistic child in New York City after the student went missing to push for a federal program that would provide tracking devices for autistic children.
- South Africa’s opposition parties, including the Democratic Alliance, the largest of the group, are coalescing around the candidacy of a former anti-apartheid activist who is challenging Jacob Zuma for president.
- Prince, who once claimed the internet was a fad that would pass, is suing 22 fans for providing links online to bootleg recordings of his performances. Quentin Tarantino, meanwhile, is also claiming copyright infringement to sue Gawker for posting a script for a Western the director was planning to film.
- Folk singer Pete Seeger died at the age of 94.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Peter Suderman: Obamacare's 12 false premises and broken promises. Plus: The long, tortured quest for a conservative health policy.
- Consumers should drive medicine
- Jacob Sullum: Prosecutors disarm defendants by freezing their assets
- Ronald Bailey: The Aloha State’s dishonest anti-biotech campaign