- slow with the snowplows. The mayor defended the city’s response, saying there’s always going to “isolated incidents” where there will be temporary issues. Residents of New York’s Upper East Side complained that the new Bill de Blasio regime is punishing them for being rich by being
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, facing federal charges for accepting more than $100,000 in gifts from a business executive, has denied he’s done anything illegal and argues the charges are an example of government overreach.
- Georgia lawmakers are mulling legalizing medical marijuana. Meanwhile, an Oklahoma state senator wants to just legalize entirely.
- The U.S. Army is trying to figure out how it may replace some troops with robots in order to deal with cutbacks. They’re focusing on trying to automate transportation, not combat, at least not yet.
- According to a study, the effectiveness of anti-smoking public service announcements is ruined when they are posted in a format online that allows for commenting, even if the comments are positive. Why won’t people just shut up and let their betters lecture to them? (Hat tip to Mark Sletten)
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.