- recess appointments seem to think the justices are holding a dim view that the president can just bypass the Senate to get what he wants. Observers at today’s Supreme Court arguments challenging President Barack Obama’s use or abuse (depending on your point of view) of
- The Supreme Court, however, is declining to get involved in the decision striking down of an Arizona abortion law. The law banned abortion after 20 weeks but was ruled unconstitutional. The Supreme Court’s decision not to take up the case means that the law is dead.
- A Canadian teenager has been charged with child pornography possession over a sexting case.
- After three months, Oregon’s health insurance exchange still doesn’t work at all. They’re hoping to have it up by March.
- New York State Assemblyman Dennis Gabryszak (D-Buffalo) is retiring amidst a host of sexual harassment allegations.
- For the drinkers: Japan’s Suntory Holdings Ltd. has acquired the company that makes Jim Beam and Maker’s Mark Whiskey.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.