- looking for work than at any time since the 1970s, as the job growth slows and the official unemployment rate drops to 6.7 percent. Harry Reid is blocking Republicans from offering amendments to a bill extending unemployment benefits, jeopardizing the bill’s chance at passage. Fewer Americans are
- The NSA is still lobbying to keep as much of its power as possible ahead of an expected announcement by President Obama on reforms.
- Sixty-seven Democrats in the House voted for a bill requiring the feds to inform users whose data is breached under Obamacare, despite opposition from Congressional Democratic leadership and the White House.
- Six Fort Lee residents are filing a class action lawsuit against Governor Christ Christie over lane closures on the George Washington Bridge. Democrats, eager to exploit a good scandal, are releasing 1,000 pages of documents related to the lane closures.
- A documentary filmmaker in Chicago claims in a lawsuit that police sodomized him with a gun in order to coerce him into being a drug informant
- Bolivian President Evo Morales wants to use his time as the chair of the Group of 77 countries to push for the legalization of the coca leaf.
- A book by acting general counsel of the CIA John Rizzo claims one Hollywood actor offered his services to the agency in exchange for $50k’s worth of good cocaine.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- Progressive Puritans: From e-cigs to sex classifieds, the once transgressive left wants to criminalize fun.
- Port Authoritarians: Chris Christie’s Bridgegate scandal
- The Menace of Secret Government: Obama’s proposed intelligence reforms don’t safeguard civil liberties