Center for American Progress
- The FBI has quietly replaced "law enforcement" with "national
security" as its declared primary function.
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D- Nev.) said Sunday
that Democrats will focus on the middle class in 2014 and attempt
to extend emergency
- The Senate is poised to confirm Janet Yellen as the next
Federal Reserve chair, making her one of the most powerful
figures in world economic circles.
- Citing health concerns in her family, Liz Cheney is
ending her campaign for Senate in Wyoming.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel
fractured her pelvis while skiing, forcing her to cancel
meetings for the next three weeks.
- A senior Iranian military official offered
aid to Iraq in order to battle Al Qaeda fighters in the
Follow Reason and Reason 24/7 on
Twitter, and like us on Facebook. You
can also get the top stories mailed to