- continues to be plagued by security vulnerabilities nearly three months after its launch. The Obamacare website
- The Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general says his office found no evidence of widespread sexual misconduct at the Secret Service.
- The transit authority in Atlanta has installed urine detectors to alert police when someone is micturating in public.
- Three more people have been indicted in relation to the federal government’s case against Silk Road.
- S&P downgraded the European Union’s credit rating to AA+.
- President Obama formally nominated Senator Max Baucus (D-Mont.) as the next US ambassador to China.
- Prostitutes in the Netherlands want the same retirement tax benefits professional soccer players get because theirs is also “hard physical work.”
- North Korea sent a threatening fax to South Korea in response to anti-Kim protests in that country.
- An island off the coast of Japan created by volcanic activity is growing and may survive for several years.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!