- warned not to assume they’ve successfully enrolled in Obamacare just because they completed the process at healthcare.gov and the website confirmed their enrollment, but to seek confirmation in person. Staffers on Capitol Hill are being
- Legislators in New York plan on introducing a bill to legalize marijuana in the state, where currently even medicinal marijuana is illegal.
- An appeals court in Florida ruled students attending the state’s public universities cannot be prohibited from keeping their guns in cars parked on campus.
- The US government lobotomized about 2,000 soldiers it found to be mentally ill after World War II, according to historical research by the Wall Street Journal.
- The police chief in Durham, North Carolina claims a teenager who died in custody last month shot himself while handcuffed in a squad car, something the chief pointed out has “happened in other jurisdictions”.
- A detective with the Arizona state police resigned after uncovering that she was in the country illegally; she says her parents had told her she was born in the US but that she was actually born in Mexico.
- George H.W. Bush joined Twitter this week, already accumulating more than 70,000 followers with just one tweet.
- The fake sign language interpreter from the Nelson Mandela memorial, who had previously fake signed for the ANC, says he was hallucinating, while officials say they can’t track down the owners of the company they hired him through.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!