- Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) is taking a leave of absence after pleading guilty to possession of cocaine. He has been sentenced to one year supervised probation.
- The U.S. and Afghanistan have agreed to a post-2014 partnership. The deal will have to be approved by the Afghan parliament, and President Hamid Karzai says he won’t sign the agreement without the approval of tribal leaders.
- Bob Woodward has said he wished NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden had come to him insteading of other journalists.
- A suspected U.S. drone strike on a seminary in Pakistan has killed Maulvi Ahmad Jan, a senior member of the Islamist Haqqani network.
- An 85-year-old American Korean War veteran has been detained in North Korea while visiting the country as a tourist.
- The fed will require that tour buses and buses that travel between cities built from 2016 onwards be equipped with seatbelts.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.