- U.S. consulate in Afghanistan and were fended off. Two Afghan police and a security guard were killed. The Taliban attacked a
- Sen. John McCain is hinting around that this may be his last term in the Senate. He wouldn’t want to overstay his welcome, you know.
- Syrian rebels claim there has been another chemical weapons attack in the suburb of Jobar in Damascus.
- The Senate is pushing forward with a media shield law that still attempts to define who a "real journalist" is. Under the legislation, bloggers who report news will be covered, but sites like Wikileaks will not. The legal challenges to such legislation will certainly be interesting.
- Michael Bloomberg is declining to formally endorse any candidate to succeed him as mayor of New York City. That probably comes as a relief to the candidates.
- Thanks to the anti-vaccination folks, America is on its way to its worst measles outbreak in almost 20 years.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.