- pushing for a military intervention in Syria while Rand Paul believes he has enough votes to cut off aid to Egypt. Advisors to President Obama are split on how much the U.S. ought to intervene in both countries. John McCain is
- President Obama announced yesterday he wants to create a federal rating system that would be used to determine how much student aid should be awarded.
- Robert Mueller, who is stepping down as director of the FBI on September 4, says he fears another 9/11.
- Police in the UK are investigating Glenn Greenwald’s boyfriend to see if they can prove he’s a threat to national security.
- Yemen wants the US to provide it with its own armed drones.
- A mass grave was found in a park near Mexico City; authorities suspect the bodies are of people kidnapped earlier this year.
- Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was indicted on one murder charge and a series of weapons charges.
- Ben Affleck will play Batman in the 2015 Batman-Superman movie.
GET REASON MAGAZINE
Get Reason's print or digital edition before it’s posted online
- The 3D printable gun that the government can’t stop
- Bitcoin: More than money
- How poker became a crime
- Interview: George Will’s libertarian evolution