- view Edward Snowden as a whistleblower than a traitor. The Obama Administration, meanwhile, wants federal employees on the look out for “suspicious behavior” that could indicate whistleblowing. More American voters
- House Republicans will vote to delay the individual mandate in Obamacare, since the Administration’s already delayed the employer mandate.
- If you live in Detroit, 911’s a joke in your town.
- Two Democrat members of Congress want to establish a national park on the moon.
- Sarah Palin said she “considered” running for Senate in Alaska next year but would prefer to see new candidates take on the old politicians.
- George W. Bush’s approval rating is now higher than Barack Obama’s as the former president rejoins the public dialogue as more than just a scapegoat.
- Libertarian activist Adam Kokesh was arrested after posting a video of himself allegedly loading a shotgun in Washington, D.C.
- The Muslim Brotherhood and the liberal opposition in Egypt have both rejected the military leadership’s timetable for new elections. Meanwhile, prosecutors ordered the arrest of the head of the Muslim Brotherhood for allegedly inciting violence.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year’s Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.