- Google is asking the FISA court to allow it to disclose more information about the data it’s required to share with the government.
- 47 percent of Americans believe the White House was directly involved in the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups, up 10 percent from last month.
- The IRS is going to pay $70 million in bonuses despite sequestration, according to Senator Chuck Grassley.
- A former Federal Reserve governor says President Obama’s comment that Ben Bernanke has been Federal Reserve chair longer than he wanted or was supposed to amounted to a firing.
- Hamid Karzai has suspended Afghanistan’s security talks with the United States because he wasn’t invited to peace talks with the Taliban.
- Demonstrations in Brazil continue, with tens of thousands of people protesting poor public services, corruption, and excessive government spending on the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics. The president says she’s proud of the protesters and that her government is listening to their concerns.
- 7.6 million people became refugees in 2012, according to the UN, with more than 50 percent coming from Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, or Syria.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.