- haunt him for the rest of his life, the strikes must be compared to alternatives he says are worse. In an address on counterterrorism policy today, President Obama said that while the deaths of civilians in drone strikes will
- Boston was one of the early adopters of “federal fusion centers” meant to prevent terrorist attacks.
- Police in Afghanistan are being infiltrated by the Taliban, making it difficult for the U.S. troops charged with training them to trust them.
- A U.S. district court ruled police need a warrant to use drug dogs in vehicle searches.
- Indoor marijuana farms as large as football fields can now be zoned in Seattle.
- Arizona’s fetal pain law was struck down by the 9th Circuit, which means it could now be appealed to the Supreme Court.
- Anti-fluoride activists win at the ballot box in Portland, where they were outspent three to one in challenging the city’s decision to fluoridate the water.
- A 3d-printed windpipe saves a baby’s life.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!