- passed an Internet Sales Tax Bill. It is now headed to the House. By a vote of 69-27 the Senate
- Former Governor Mark Sanford and Stephen Colbert’s sister face off in a special election to fill the House seat vacated by Tim Scott.
- Chris Christie’s aides confirm the New Jersey governor had lap-band stomach surgery. For the children.
- Lauryn Hill was sentenced to three months in jail for not paying taxes on several years’ worth of earnings after pleading guilty last year. She’s paid more than $900,000 in the last few days.
- No cemetery is willing to bury Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
- The UN now says it’s not sure whether rebels or the Syrian regime have used chemical weapons.
- The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for a suicide bomber that killed 25 at an election rally by an Islamist party.
- North Korea is moving its missiles away from their coastal launch sites.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.