- A United Nations official has said that Syrian rebels may have used sarin gas. The news comes a day after a military research facility in Damascus was bombed. Israel has neither confirmed nor denied that Israeli forces were involved in the bombing, however that hasn’t stopped one Syrian official from saying that the bombing constitutes a declaration of war by Israel.
- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) has said that the president has no coherent plan for closing Guantanamo Bay. McCain also said that the plan should not include sending prisoners “…back into the fight where they can kill more Americans."
- The largest neo-nazi murder trial in Germany's history begins today.
- Congressional Democrats have distanced themselves from the Obama administration’s account of the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi last year.
- Italy’s new Prime Minister is visiting Spain, a potential ally in the fight against austerity.
- North Korea says that Kenneth Bae, an American citizen who was sentenced to 15 years hard labor last week, will not be used as a bargaining chip in negotiations with the U.S.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.