- campaigning for gun control. President Obama is in Colorado
- Former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford won his GOP House primary yesterday.
- The GEO Group, a private prison company, withdrew from a deal to name Florida Atlantic University’s football stadium after it sparked protests.
- The U.S. is considering imposing sanctions on Pakistan for a $7 billion pipeline deal the country made with Iran.
- Cyprus has agreed to a $12.8 billion bailout that includes a doubling of tax on interest income and a hike in the corporate tax rate.
- The British government says it won’t cut the minimum wage despite complaints from small businesses, but it may freeze it.
- South Korea’s defense minister says military action is an option in response to North Korea’s threats.
- A Saudi man who stabbed his best friend ten years ago, when he was 14, was sentenced by a court to be paralyzed, just like his victim.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!