- no problem with the president speaking to his post-campaign campaign apparatus this same week he’s reaching out to Republicans for compromise, and has had to deny sending mixed messages. The White House sees
- The CIA is conducting operations in Iraq purportedly to target Al-Qaeda affiliates backing rebels in Syria. 12 people were killed and more than 100 wounded in attacks across Iraq yesterday.
- The ethnic cleansing may be beginning in Mali.
- At least 50 people died drinking bootlegged liquor in Tripoli, Libya, where the sale and consumption of alcohol is illegal.
- In Yemen, you could die by drone strike or by firing squad, even as a minor.
- Residents of the Falkland Islands voted 1514-3 to keep the islands a British overseas territory.
- The papal conclave begins today.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!