- The Department of Homeland Security has acquired Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles, which come equipped with gun ports and tires that will not go flat when shot.
- Secretary of State John Kerry has released $250 million in aid to Egypt, saying that the aid is intended to support the country’s "future as a democracy."
- A former foreign policy adviser has claimed that the president’s “risk-averse attitude” has harmed American interests in the Middle East.
- A bill will be introduced to the Colorado Senate next week that would require law enforcement officials to take a course on how to deal with dogs.
- Human rights activists claim that Syrian rebels have captured the governor of the northern Raqqa province.
- The Italian president is considering putting a technocratic government together rather than hold another election as a way to resolve Italy’s political stalemate.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!