- President Obama apparently bucked the CIA, State Department and Department of Defense and blocked plans they endorsed to send arms to the rebels in Syria.
- Bob Corker, the ranking Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, says President Obama’s drone war may not be legal, and it may be creating more terrorists than it's killing. Baby steps.
- Sequestration looks increasingly likely to happen as Republicans reject the president’s latest proposal to postpone it. Baby steps.
- Following heated open city council sessions, the mayor of Seattle’s suspended plans for police to deploy two surveillance drones. Baby steps.
- More than 100 officers from the LAPD went door-to-door looking for the ex-cop Christopher Dorner, alleged to have shot several people yesterday. They were hoping to find him overnight in Big Bear Lake before he kills again.
- A former police lieutenant from Abita Springs, Louisiana has been sentenced to 35 years in prison for distribution of cocaine as a “habitual offender.”
- George H.W. Bush’s e-mail was apparently hacked.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!