- The director general of the World Trade Organization says that cutting back on red tape could provide a $1tn boost to the global economy. Who'd have thunk?
- Egyptian Defense Minister Gen. Abdul Fattah al-Sisi has said that the future of Egypt is at stake as anti-government protesters continue demonstrations.
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) believes that there are strong parallels between contemporary America and Atlas Shrugged. No word on who he thinks our own John Galt might be.
- Malian troops are in control of Timbuktu after dislodging Islamic militants with French support.
- The U.S. military will set up a drone base in north Africa. We wouldn’t want the French to have all the fun would we?
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping has said that China will not allow its sovereignty to be violated, the latest sign that territorial disputes with Japan aren’t going away anytime soon.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!