- Sen. Barbara Boxer wants to station National Guard troops in the nation's schools to defend the kiddies. Ummm ... How about just letting people defend themselves?
- A nasty blizzard threatens holiday travel plans for much of the country — or maybe a frigid end of the world as Mayan apocalypse looms!
- After the publication of a report saying that security at the Benghazi consulate was wildly inadequate, the State Departments concedes that errors were made. Well, that's better.
- A former Utah highway patrol officer is under FBI investigation for civil rights violations after being caught busting sober people for DUI and lying on the stand. Wait ... This is in bizarro, alternate America, right?
- Newt Gingrich, of all people, is on-board with state-sanctioned same-sex marriage. Uh oh ... Callista isn't in the hospital, is she?
- Analysts say GM may be buying back its stock, but it's a long way from losing the "government motors" stigma, especially with the deal awash in red ink for taxpayers.
- New York's budget is groaning under the weight of Medicaid expenditures, education and the cost of retirement benefits for public employees. Looks like Federal Man should fly in to dispense another bailout.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.