- The U.S. death toll from Superstorm Sandy is up to 48. The New York City subway may take several weeks to several months to come back online after Hurricane Sandy. NASA, meanwhile, is working on hurricane drones, because the space agency now focuses on weather and clime almost as much as space exploration. And Mitt Romney resumed campaigning today because everything’s almost back to normal, except if the election is postponed.
- Fresh off news that it’s bought LucasFilms, Disney announced a third Star Wars trilogy is in the works.
- A former Democratic congressional candidate pled the fifth in his FEC filing.
- A West Virginia lawyer who beat his client with a baseball bat will have to undergo psychiatric evaluation before he can get his license back.
- Rioting in Kisumi, a Kenyan city near the birthplace of Barack Obama’s father, continued for a second day after a local candidate was assassinated.
- Nine new species of tarantula have been discovered. Happy Halloween.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!