- Barack Obama's odds have inched up on online betting sites after last night's debate.
- The government-run Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas had seven advisors resign last week. They claimed that favoritism and abuse were plaguing the institute.
- The Oakland Police Department received more than a thousand complaints about police brutality during Occupy Oakland protests a year ago, and the internal affairs division identified 44 police officers that did something wrong. The police chief recommended two be fired, one demoted, 15 suspended, 23 given “written reprimands” and three sent to counseling.
- The ACLU warns police may want to turn information they have from license plate readers into easily accessed and searchable databases. For safety.
- To save its budget, the town of Nickerson, Kansas closed its police department. A vote to ratify the decision will be held in April.
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation condemned Western opposition to bans on hate speech targeting Islam. The OIC wanted the United Nation’s support for a ban.
- An Earth-sized planet has been found orbiting Alpha Centauri, four and a half light years away. It’ll have to be moved away from its sun and given time to cool before we can move in.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!