- Former Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter has died from complications of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
- Two Americans, Alvin Roth and Lloyd Shapley, have won the Nobel Prize in Economics for their "theory of stable allocations and market design".
- Malala Yousafzai, the-14 year-old girl shot in the head by the Taliban, has been flown to the UK for treatment.
- Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has defended the Federal Reserve’s stimulus measures. Brazil has said that American monetary easing has hurt emerging economies.
- Houston is proving to be a source of fundraising success for both Obama and Romney. The GOP nominee raised nearly twice as much as the President, who secured more donations in the greater Houston area.
- The space shuttle Endeavor has reached its final destination, the California Science Center.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!