- With rough weather in the forecast, President Obama's Thursday speech accepting the Democratic nomination will be moved from a 74,000-seat outdoor football stadium to a 20,000-seat arena. And if you turn off the sound, you should be ble to enjoy tonight's DNC appearances by Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman and Kerry Washington.
- Clint Eastwood's conversation with an Obama stand-in chair is rated as the highlight of the Republican convention by those polled after the fact.
- Former Senator Chris Dodd is in town for the Democratic convention — as a lobbyist for the MPAA. Hey Chris, I hear you can kill some time on Pirate Bay ...
- The government of Honduras authorized the construction of three privately run cities that will operate with their own tax and legal systems. This could be interesting ...
- The European Central Bank's latest scheme for solving the euro crisis is to buy unlimited quantities of government debt. All of Europe seems on-board with the plan, with the exception of Germany's Bundesbank, Gee ... I wonder why.
- Nicaragua's Sandinistas must be having trouble attracting supporters for three puppet parties "competing" in the election; it turns out that many of the parties' candidates have been recruited from cemeteries.
- When 40-year-old Diego Lerma suffered a seizure at a department store, last year, Nogales, Arizona police promptly responded — by tasering him. Yes, he's suing.
- Last week, the sun shot a — in technical terms — humongous solar flare into space.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.