- The pissing contest over tax returns between Mitt Romney and Harry Reid has turned ... Shock! Surprise! ... Really partisan.
- While ahead in reliably Team Blue Connecticut, Obama's advantage is in single digits in a state he won by 23 points in 2008.
- Having so successfully managed state-employee pensions into catastrophe, California lawmakers want state-sponsored pensions for private workers — in part, at least, to offset envy of the sweet deals negotiated by public-sector unions.
- Under fire around the world for taxing the winnings of Olympic athletes, the Obama administration says it's open to giving medalists a break.
- The gun Wade Michael Page used in his murderous rampage at a Sikh temple was apparently legally purchased, so get ready for the next round of babbling over gun control. Page has been identified as a white supremacist.
- It seems that the most effective way to dissuade Americans from supporting ever-expanding funding for public education is to tell them how much the government already spends.
- Britain's coalition government uniting the Conservative and Liberal-Democratic parties is on the verge of being not-so-united.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.