- The NYPD has conducted more stop and frisks of young black men than there are young black men living in the city of New York.
- Vladimir Putin won’t be attending the G-8 summit at Camp David next week, sending Dmitri Medvedev instead. Everybody’s happier!
- Meanwhile, Putin celebrated Victory in Europe Day outside the Kremlin. “[W]e have a great moral right to stand up determinedly for our positions because our country suffered the blow of Nazism," he said.
- A family of orangutans at the Miami Zoo are using iPads to communicate. But! “Our young ones pick up on it. They understand it. It’s like, ‘Oh I get this,’ …our two older ones, they just are not interested. I think they just figure, ‘I’ve gotten along just fine in this world without this communication-skill here and the iPad, and I don’t need a computer’,” said Linda Jacobs, who oversses the iPad-for-ape program.
- The town of New Rochelle, New York cancelled municipal Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Thanksgiving celebrations amid budget pressure. The various parades and displays would cost about $135,000. The city’s collected enough donations to re-instate their Memorial Day parade but the outlook for the Fourth of July is “bleak.” The city collects more than $100 million in revenue a year.
- Mogadishu’s looking better. "You don't even think that war has ever taken place here," a local trader said.
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content!
ReasonTV: "Brian Doherty on Why Young People L0v3 Ron Paul"