- Mitt Romney found himself a backbone and slapped back at Obama for needling him over being neck-deep in dollars. (The prez denies all.)
- Congressional Republicans and Democrats are wrangling over competing proposals for business tax breaks.
- Although still not sorry about pursuing the case, Marc Emery's prosecutor urges pot legalization. (HT: rts)
- Nevermind that "stand your ground" had little if anything to do with the Trayvon Martin case, a Florida task force will consider changes to the law anyway.
- Ever wonder which essential programs your tax dollars are supporting? Among other things, a plush lifestyle for the comptroller of Dixon, Illinois, who pocketed $30 million.
- Police responding to a call about an attempted suicide by porn actor "Sledge Hammer" tased him twice and apparently beat him during a fight in the back of an ambulance. He died two days later. Oh, and it's a pattern!
- Borrowing is becoming more expensive for Europe's more profligate governments as bailout money runs out.
- Cosmic rays get mysteriouser and mysteriouser.
Do you want hot links and other Reason goodies delivered to your inbox twice a day? Sign up here for Reason's morning and afternoon news updates.