A second coroner's inquest confirmed Tuesday that Amy Winehouse died of accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after a period of abstinence. Coroner Shirley Radcliffe ruled that the 27-year-old soul singer "died as a result of alcohol toxicity" and recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. She said there were no suspicious circumstances.
She said that Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol; a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death."
Source: AP. Read full article. (link)