Reason Morning Links: Liberal Blogger Admits Cash for Clunkers Did Little to Nothing, "Fat Cats" Get Fatter Under Obama, White House Denies Existence of UFOs
- Regarding Cash for Clunkers, lefty blogger Brad Plumer writes, "Were the naysayers right? It seems so." And at Ezra Klein's stimulative Wonkblog, no less!
- NYT editorial board on NYPD: "A series of scandals and crimes — very few of them uncovered by the New York Police Department — should leave no doubt that New York needs a strong, independent agency to investigate serious complaints about the city's police." (Related: One of NYC's most famous grafitti artists since the 1980s was also a cop until 2001.)
- UFOlogists flooded the new White House petition site with demands that the government "acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence here on Earth." The White House has responded. (And Center for American Progress Founder John Podesta is likely crushed.)
- Hypocrisy watch: NPR affiliate fires a female freelancer for engaging in activism at Occupy Wall Street, keeps a male staffer who runs a website attacking Comcast.
- WaPo: "The largest banks are larger than they were when Obama took office and are nearing the level of profits they were making before the depths of the financial crisis in 2008, according to government data."
- U.S. wealth gap between olds and youngs gets bigger.
- Italy joins Greece in scaring the beejezus out of the rest of Europe.
New at Reason.tv: "How a Local Blog Broke the Kelly Thomas Story: A conversation with Friends for Fullerton's Future"