- “We Built This” is to be the theme of the RNC convention. If by “This” they mean a vast military, the Department of Homeland Security, an expansion of the welfare state, and Gitmo, what’s not to like?
- Todd Akin is pleading for forgiveness in a new campaign ad after his comments on rape and pregnancy caused outcry. He has until the end of the day to heed the GOP leadership’s recommendations and abort his campaign.
- London Mayor Boris Johnson endorsed gay marriage saying he wants same-sex couples to enjoy the 'happy state' of marriage, something the once divorced adulterer would know a lot about.
- A rocket hit the plane of the U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Martin Dempsey in Afghanistan. Some minor injuries were reported.
- Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi has died in Brussels after weeks of speculation about his health and whereabouts.
- Peter Thiel, the angel investor of Facebook, sold a majority of his stake in the social media giant.
Don’t forget to sign up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for more content.