The Dark Underbelly of Equity Based Thinking
Also: What we learned from impeachment.
On this week's edition of The Reason Roundtable, Matt Welch, Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie shout about Trump's second acquittal, Biden's latest managerial pushes, and the CDC's flop of a school-reopening rollout.
Discussed in the show:
2:27 What did we learn from impeachment?
42:02 School re-openings.
47:35 Weekly Listener Question: Should people be granted courtesies that they themselves are not willing to reciprocate?
50:50 Media recommendations for the week.
This week's links:
- "Journalists Worried About People Having Conversations on Clubhouse," by Liz Wolfe
- "GOP tries to weaponize pandemic-exhausted parents against Biden," by Christopher Cadelago and Natasha Korecki
- "Biden Is Still Separating Families at the Border. Where Is the Media Outrage?" by Billy Binion
- "Rep. Peter Meijer: Only GOP Freshman Who Voted To Impeach Trump Tells All," by Nick Gillespie (podcast)
- "CDC's New 'Reopening' Guidance Will Keep Schools Closed in the Fall," by Matt Welch
- "The Biden Team Wants to Transform the Economy. Really." by Noam Scheiber
- Get an up-close look at the history of the Constitution with the Institute for Justice's new podcast, Bound by Oath. Available wherever you check out podcasts.
Audio production by Ian Keyser.
Assistant production by Regan Taylor.
Music: "Angeline," by The Brothers Steve.