Glee Star Found Dead
Cory Monteith, 31, dies of apparent drug overdose
Cory Monteith, 31, died on Saturday at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver.
"We are so saddened to confirm that the reports on the death of Cory Monteith are accurate. We are in shock and mourning this tragic loss," confirms his publicist, Melissa Kates, to USA TODAY.
Word began to spread on Twitter at roughly 1 a.m. EST that the Glee star had passed away due to an apparent drug overdose. CTV British Columbia, a local news station based in Vancouver, appeared to report the news first.