- The reporting on the fiscal cliff today sounds pretty much the same as the reporting yesterday. Tax the rich. Spend more. Oh, and the president wants to seize control over the debt ceiling from Congress.
- Unemployment in the Eurozone reached a record high of 11.7 percent in October.
- The Federal Communications Commission will be allowing community groups to get permits to operate low power FM radio stations in urban areas.
- A Democratic Georgia congressman wants a constitutional amendment to restrict the free speech rights of corporations. He claims they are “stealing your government” and “control the media.”
- Burger King is returning to France after a 15-year absence. Maybe we’ll finally find out what they call a Whopper over there.
- Pfc. Bradley Manning testified he considered attempting suicide shortly after his initial arrest in Kuwait for handing classified material to WikiLeaks. But he says the military continued significantly restricting his behavior long after those urges went away.
- United Nations members may have overwhelmingly voted to recognize the State of Palestine, but it doesn’t really change much right now.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.