- Factions within Libya's revolution have pledged allegiance to local military councils, and have no plans to put down their guns and stop fighting.
- The Weekly Standard spends some time with Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.):"Ryan's decision not to run for president means that when the GOP selects a nominee Ryan will relinquish his role as the most important Republican in America (a role he took on following the release of his Medicare-reforming budget in April). But it's clear that in Ryan's second act--prosecuting the case against Obama, boosting the eventual GOP nominee, and shaping the agenda--he still intends to play a big part."
- NYT: "With the government teetering on the verge of collapse, the Greek cabinet offered its full support early Wednesday to Prime Minister George A. Papandreou for his surprise plan to call a referendum on the Greek financial crisis."
- TPM has more details on the group of geriatric would-be terrorists who were plotting a domestic ricin attack.
- Rep. Connie Mack (R-Fla.) makes congressman number 30 to call for Attorney General Eric Holder's resignation.
- Jack Abramoff has a new book out in which the disgraced lobbyist claims Ralph Reed confided that "Bush personally told him that his presidency would make all of us very rich."
New at Reason.tv: "EU Bans Free-Range Kids! Nanny of the Month October 2011!"