England Doesn't Want Snowden (Like He'd Go There), More Tech Firms Provide Sensitive Data, Sandy Hook Anniversary Observed: P.M. Links
House Intelligence Committee Rep. Mike Rogers claims Edward Snowden is lying about just about everything related to PRISM. England has warned airlines around the world not to bring Snowden there, which is funny because they're knee-deep in the whole thing and one can't imagine Snowden seeking refuge there.
- The latest in leaked information: Thousands of tech firms provide sensitive data to the feds in programs that extend much further than even Snowden has referenced.
- Today marks the six-month anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School rampage. There were observances and more calls for gun control.
- In related news, Smith & Wesson posted record highs in gun sales, a 43 percent year-over-year increase.
- Potato farmers are being sued over allegations of price-fixing. That's odd. Don't the United States' agricultural policies revolve around price-fixing? Maybe the problem is that they're doing it without federal involvement.
- Iran's presidential election was held today. Will there be reform or more of the same?
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.