The Friday Political Thread: All Guns-a-Blazin' Edition
Unconvincing Quote of the Week
"You didn't care about black Africans when whites were killing them in Rhodesia."— New York City Councilman Charles Barron on Robert Mugabe.
The Week in Brief
– America's militias suffered a potentially crushing blow to their membership numbers.
– Blue-clad world-conquering egomaniacs overwhelmed and terrorized a small town.
– Millionaires finally caught a break already.
– Democrats looked to Bill Clinton's arch-enemy (or at least a runner-up) for salvation.
Below the Fold
– Terry Michael takes stock of Bob Barr's Naderization skills.
– Spencer Ackerman spends an afternoon with the men who brought you (recently, at least) torture.
– Over on the other side of the Atlantic, the Labour Party comes in… fifth place.
– Quin Hillyer profiles the last GOP congressman who'll win this year.
– Doug Bandow turns Europe over to the Europeans.
– Bob Scheer discovers how the Democrats can waste money and act tough at the same time.
– Alex Massie. Football. Germans. Come on, just click it.
This week's Politics 'n' Prog is my gift to all of your Guitar Hero players.