- Jameson HsiehEdward Snowden
accused the NSA of targeting journalists critical of the US
government after 9/11. Dianne Feinstein,
meanwhile, would like a restrictive definition of “journalist”
for protections offered under a proposed shield law legislation.
The crackdown on journalists in Turkey
- 92 percent of federal employees
- The Secret Service has
released the first 100 out of 14,500 pages of documents related
to their investigation of Aaron Swartz.
- Michael Bloomberg says New York City will
appeal a ruling that found the NYPD’s stop and frisk program
- Missouri State Fair officials have
banned for life a rodeo clown who wore an Obama mask for a
- Cory Booker and Steve Lonegan have
won their respective party primaries and will face off against
each other in the special election for Senate in New Jersey.
- A 30-year veteran cop in Rhode Island has been
charged with stealing $700 worth of gas.
- A new wifi system at the British Museum inadvertently
banned access to Hamlet because it was “violent content.”
Follow Reason and Reason 24/7 on
Twitter, and like us on Facebook. You
can also get the top stories mailed to
up here. Have a news tip? Send it to us!