- The Obama administration’s memo on the assassination of American citizens has been leaked. You can be targeted if you are a “senior operational leader” of Al Qaeda or an “associated force” (whatever that means). According to the memo there does not need to be any actual intelligence that suggests targeted Americans are involved in a plot to attack the U.S. Read the whole document here.
- Civil rights lawyers are working on prohibiting the NYPD from spying on Muslim communities without any evidence that those being spied on have any connection to terrorism or any other illegal activity.
- A new report from the Open Society Justice Initiative links more than 50 countries to the CIA’s torture program.
- An Oregon baker is being investigated after refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple.
- Soldiers from Chad have entered the Malian town of Kidal, the last town under rebel control in northern Mali.
- The potential legalization of gay marriage is splitting the British Conservative Party. There are rumors that Prime Minister David Cameron could soon face a leadership challenge, with some Conservatives saying that he has abandoned conservative principles.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!