- The White House’s use of children as political tools for gun control continues, with a video released today showing children reading letters about guns.
- Defense Secretary Leon Panetta vowed to hunt down the militants responsible for a deadly raid on and ongoing hostage situation at a BP oil field in Algeria.
- The push back against legalization in Colorado continues; one county’s commission voted to ban marijuana stores and farms in unincorporated portions of the county.
- More handguns and pistol permits were stolen based on the newspaper list of registered gun owners on parts of Long Island.
- More Republican legislators in states won by Democrats in recent presidential elections want electoral votes to be distributed proportionally to the popular vote rather than in the winner-take-all format prevalent now.
- Victims of the Aurora theater shooting are considering suing the alleged shooter James Holmes’ psychiatrist, for negligence.
- The U.S. has officially recognized a government in Somalia for the first time in more than 20 years, even though it has been dealing with this government before.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!