- Seven Egyptian Christians and a Florida pastor have been sentenced, in absentia, to death in Egypt over the Innocence of Muslims movie.
- A Hungarian leader Godwinned himself after calling for Jews to be registered as threats to national security. After criticism, he went on to explain that, really, he was just questioning the loyalty of anybody with dual nationalities, not just Jews. That’s all!
- A former prison officer at Quantico said the facility did not have the resources to have held Pvt. Bradley Manning there for nine months. He shouldn’t have spent more than 90 days there.
- About 10 percent of the 61 finalists selected in the Department of Education’s “Race to the Top” federal funding contest are charter programs.
- The City of Oakland is trying to halt the federal forfeiture of a medical marijuana dispensary while a judge determines whether the feds have overstepped their authority against the state of California.
- House Speaker John Boehner says the GOP will not cave in to the Obama Administration and support extending Bush-era tax cuts only to those earning less than $250,000 annually.
- A Des Moines couple has filed a federal suit against their city’s police department over the Tasing and then shooting of their dog.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.